[tweetmeme source=”stalehansen” only_single=false]On several OCS 2007 Enterprise installations this patch was not that easy to install when you are using SQL 2008 backend database. Here’s what I had to do to install this patch
To apply the hotifx, you must have the following software installed.
- OCS administration tools
- MS SQL Native Client
- X64 Package (sqlncli.msi) – 7963 KB
- If you decide to install SQL 2008 Client Tools, SQL 2005 Service Pack 2 (SP2) Backward Compatibility must also be installed.
- To install the SQL 2005 Service Pack 2 (SP2) Backward Compatibility you need to download and install
- Finally run the patch with the following command when on a OCS Enterprise deployment
- OCS2009-DBUpgrade.msi POOLNAME=poolname
If the installation failes check Scott Oseychik’s post about SQL won’t allow update here: http://blogs.msdn.com/scottos/archive/2009/08/21/installation-of-ocs-2007-r2-hotfix-package-969834-may-fail-if-sql-settings-have-been-changed.aspx
View the full technical article here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969834